300-hr Intensive Bali Yoga Teacher Training: August 31 – September 24 2019
Build Your Skillset as a Therapeutic Yoga Instructor
3.5 weeks of In-Depth Yoga Training for existing Yoga Teachers & Practitioners
Dates: September August 31 – September 24, 2019
Location: Ubud, Bali
Please Read Carefully: This Intensive Yoga Teacher Training is suitable for those who already have a decent level of Yoga Experience, or who have completed a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training in the past. You may take our online course to familiarize yourself with the practice foundations. A personal interview with the course facilitators is required to make sure you will get the best out of this training.
You may join for the full training for a 300 hour Yoga Alliance Accredited certificate. Or you may join only for the first two weeks to improve your practice and teaching, and receive a certificate of attendance for Continuing Education.
Get certified as a Yoga Alliance Accredited Yoga Teacher by Kaya Yoga and this in-depth therapeutically oriented Yoga Teacher Training, and start a Life and Career you truly LOVE!!
OUR TRAINING OFFERS SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN WHAT’S OUT THERE ON THE MARKET: We focus on the therapeutic application of Yoga as well a solid foundation for entrepreneurship in this industry. We work with case studies and hands on teaching techniques from Classical Yoga Lineages. No commercial practices, no fitness or power Yoga. True authentic Yoga as written in the Yogic Texts.
This program is also a complete journey into deepening and fine tuning your own Self Yoga Practice, and will prepare you in ALL aspects of a thriving Yoga career including how to setup and run the business, marketing and brand building and succeeding as a Yoga instructor. Through working with case studies Students don’t graduate only as elite Yoga teachers, but as fully fledged Yoga Practitioners and Entrepreneurs with a vast amount of knowledge of Traditional Yoga Applications as taught by the Masters of their time.
Good education is so important, particularly in Yoga. That’s why we have decided to offer this intensive program and help you deepen your skills as a teacher and practitioner.
This program is mostly taught by Kaya Yoga’s regular teachers Marylene Henry and Sanne Kerkhof. Read more about their expertise in the TEACHERS section on this page.
What will you learn in this Yoga Teacher Training?
- Deepening your knowledge of a steady Self-Practice (meditation, Pranayama, Asana) based on classical Yoga Traditions (we blend Iyengar, Krishnamacharya and Therapeutic Hatha Yoga Techniques)
- The names of Yoga Asana in both Sanskrit and English, meaning of names and correct pronunciation
- The safe and correct way to practice all different categories of Yoga Asana, including backbends, arm balances and inversions, based on alignment principles and functional movement and anatomy
- Additional focus on Arm Balances and Inversions during this training
- How to work with back problems, scoliosis, breathing problems, depression, anxiety, stress, diabetes and joint issues
- Proper postural alignment and adjustment, how to avoid injury and in-depth Yoga anatomy
- How to facilitate steady client progress and keep students interested in Yoga
- Pre- and Post Natal Yoga, Pregnancy Yoga
- Holistic Nutrition, The Importance of Diet, Lifestyle Consulting
- How to read people’s body’s, work intuitively and comfortably make hands-on adjustments for your students
- How to structure classes which are engaging and facilitate deep release and personal growth
- The benefits of a full range of restorative Yoga Poses and how to apply these therapeutically
- How to teach sessions for both groups and private clients with confidence and knowledge of your subject (we promise that you will feel very confident to teach before after completing your training)
- How to cue classes, the right use of voice and the pronunciation of different Yoga Postures
- How to become a Yoga Industry Leader and target your own niche market of clients (Kaya Yoga also has job opportunities for students completing our courses, including assistant on Teacher Trainings)
- How to apply the teachings of the ancient Yogic Texts to modern day life and help students find a more balanced way of life (We use the Yoga Sutra’s of Patanjali, Siva Samhita, Gheranda Samhita and Hatha Yoga Pradipika)
- Yoga Teacher Ethics, Yama and Niyama, How to live as a Modern Day Yogi
- An in depth and full understanding of what Yoga is about. We promise a life transforming experience, which will allow you to start living life from a completely different, stronger and more positive perspective!
Key points of this training
- Acquire Safe and solid understanding for your own Yoga Practice in the first week
- After the foundational work, the program grows you across all key stages of becoming an industry leading Yoga practitioner. At the core, you are perfecting foundational techniques and learn how to apply Yoga as a Holistic Modality for self-development, well-being and transformation. We work with different Therapeutic Modalities each day, as described below on this page
- We teach Yoga based on the Classical Yoga Scriptures without diluting the Tradition of this powerful practice. However, our training takes into account we are living in a modern day world and must find balance within
- You are trained in translating those skills into a business that is marketed, efficiently run and in teaching, mentoring, consulting and other delivery skills
- Finally, throughout the program, your homework, practice and teaching assignments will help find and solidify your coming career direction. At the very last stage, the Kaya Yoga team will provide assistance and advice with career startup, with the opportunity for a job position/partnership with Kaya Yoga.
- We promise a life transforming experience! These powerful teachings will allow you to get in touch with your True Self and Inner Voice, and start living Life for YOU while helping others to do the same.
My first TTC with Kaya Yoga was the next stage on my own journey of healing severe scoliosis and alignment issues. I was expecting mostly physical alignment, but little did I know that this huge learning process would bring mental and spiritual alignment as well! Now I’m about to finish my 500-hours with Kaya Yoga school and become a teacher myself with the deep understanding of not only what scoliosis is, but most other back issues and the majority of health- and emotional issues. The Teacher Training not only gave me knowledge and practical tools, but encouraged me to do my own research, investigations and explorations; empowered me to improve myself and to inspire other people It gave me a strong discipline and deep understanding of responsibility when it comes to a working with people. By the end of my second TTC with Kaya Yoga I feel confident in working almost with any health issues with different ranges of severity. I feel that I possess wide a deep understanding of many inner and outer processes going on in our human existence, and can be of great use for those people who are stepping into this important journey. I can summarize right now the place where I am as: My scoliosis is almost healed, I don’t practice anymore, but dance my own Yoga, I’m feeling very inspired and ready to inspire others! – Iskra Volkhina
Kaya Yoga Course has been a life changing chapter of my life, the teaching methods used by Kaya yoga introduces the students to true essence of Yoga and also provides in depth knowledge of meditation, breathing techniques and posture alignments. Each module of Kaya Yoga Course unfolds like a new layer. After Kaya Yoga course I breathe well and I live well.
A Big Thanks to Kaya Yoga and her teachers !! – Parul Bansal
Quotes from some of our other students:
“I felt comfortable to teach after only the second weekend Module” – Marylene Henry
“I can finally do those poses I never even dreamed of doing, due to the systematic approach of Kaya Yoga” – Wendy Shariff
“Kaya’s Yoga Really Heals” – Iskra Volkhina
“Kaya Yoga’s training gave me the confidence to be a specialized and successful Yoga Teacher” – Mia Moore
Our Teacher Training Course is held at Om Ham Retreat Centre in Ubud, Bali. We will send you all details after signing up for the course.
You can fill in an intake for to apply for this upcoming Yoga Teacher Training Course:
Pay your deposit to hold your space here:
E-RYT-500, Classical Yoga, Yoga Therapy & Yoga Philosophy
Kaya will take you on a journey of understanding Yoga and it’s therapeutic applications from the inside out. With over 10 years of experience in teaching clients with physical and emotional pains and injuries, Kaya specializes in using Yoga Asana, Pranayama and Meditation to improve life. In addition she teaches the Yoga Sutra’s of Patanjali, Foundations of Traditional Chinese Medicine and shares her personal experience of building a prime Yoga brand in the Middle East.
Pre- and Post Natal Yoga, Yoga Therapy, Yoga Philosophy
Sanne Kerkhof (1970) finished her yoga teacher training with Teresa Caldas in 2004. She had special training in pregnancy yoga with Lillith Turk and Marianne Prins (midwife). She is specialised in teaching yoga for pregnant women, postnatal yoga and restorative yoga. After owning her own Yoga Center in Amsterdam for years, she now teacher Internationally, and on Festivals in the Netherlands and worldwide.
Sanne excels in: Pregnancy Yoga, New mom Yoga, Baby Massage, Restorative Yoga, Yoga Philosophy
Sports Therapy, Pilates Rehabilitation
Rachel began her career in London in 1992, working as a sports therapist and gym instructor. With great excitement she completed a four-year BSc Hons degree at the British School of Osteopathy in the year 2000, and began her osteopathic career in New Zealand the following year. Since that time, Rachel has integrated further osteopathic, bodywork and movement education into her practice, treating a variety of patients within the community with various complaints, ranging from chronic problems, digestive concerns. newborns, children, pregnant mothers, sports-specific patients, and the elderly. Rachel qualified as a Pilates rehabilitation instructor in 2005, and combines a range of neuromuscular re-education exercises alongside a wide variety of special dynamic osteopathic techniques, soft tissue work, harmonics, muscle energy techniques, articulation, manipulation, Chinese cupping, tuning forks, dry needling, bio dynamics, and cranial-sacral therapies to suit individual patients needs.
RYT-500, Yoga Philosophy, Sequencing, Yoga Asana
Marylene is a Yoga Alliance RYT-500 yoga teacher who specializes in Corporate Yoga and Yoga Philosophy. Splitting her life between a successful corporate career and teaching yoga, she perfectly understands how everyday demands can get in a way of a healthy body and healthy mind. Using her own experience as a guide, she approaches yoga in a holistic way to help clients find peace of mind and regain self-confidence. Passionate of yoga philosophy, she playfully combines elements of mindfulness, breath work and asanas to help her clients achieve their specific goals.
“There are as many paths of yoga as there is different people, and my goal is to find the right path for my clients to achieve higher level of physical, psychological, and spiritual strength.”
Marylene is a graduate from Marianne Wells Yoga School in Costa Rica and obtained her RYT-500 certification in Yoga Therapeutics with Kaya Yoga Therapy.
How it works from start to finish
Delving deeply into leading therapeutic Yoga techniques, theory, and best practices through 300+ hours of Yoga Alliance Accredited training.
Comprehensive devotion to understanding the underpinnings of various physical and emotional issues and their natural solutions
Thorough preparation in the Business, Marketing, Teaching, Consulting, Delivery and Operations aspects of your Yoga entrepreneurship
1-on-1, practical and effective mentor sessions with the teacher to work out your unique Yoga entrepreneur path
Assistance/Advice in career startup upon graduation and potential partnership/job offers with Kaya Yoga
Who is this course for:
For our 300-hour course we will require our students to have a decent level of Yoga Experience and practice. It is highly recommended to take Kaya’s online course before starting, to familiarize yourself with the practice foundations. The course is charged separately at 49 USD and will give you a lifetime value. You can find the online foundations course here:
READ ABOUT KAYA YOGA’S TECHNIQUES IN UAE BASED MAGAZINES
Yoga Alliance Standards:
All teacher training programs with Kaya Yoga comply with Yoga Alliance Standards and have a fixed curriculum divided over the following subjects:
1. Techniques, Training and Practice
2. Teaching Methodology
3. Anatomy and Physiology
4. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics for Yoga Teachers
In addition we cover the history of Yoga, Basics of Traditional Chinese Medicine, In Depth anatomy of breathing and the spine, Yoga Psychology and studies on Chakra’s and Energy Bodies.
The Term “Therapy” is used to indicate that our organization uses the ancient practices of Yoga for Therapeutic Healing purposes, in order to improve posture, align the spine, create more body awareness, breath awareness, concentration and increase Self knowledge. By no means does this mean that we are able to diagnose, treat or cure any advanced state diseases or emotional disorders. Yoga and meditation have been proven to improve life quality when practiced regularly, and we purely transmit the ancient teachings of Yoga practice as passed on to us by the Yoga Masters of their time.
Disclaimer for Kaya Yoga Teacher Trainings
The yoga therapy components of our course(s) are based on * Using the traditional Yoga practices as transmitted by the masters for physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing * Traditional Chinese Medicine studies * Postural Alignment * Anatomy of Breath and study of breathing pathologies * Anatomy of the Spine and study of spinal pathologies * In depth anatomy studies * 1-to-1 training and learning the key aspects of being a private instructor * Thai Massage and bodywork * Yoga Psychology * The Study of Chakra’s and Energy Bodies, not derived from our status as an RYS® with Yoga Alliance Registry.
Tuition & Accommodation Payment
Tuition & Accommodation Total for 300 HOURS = Starting from 4850 USD
– 1000 USD deposit due within 5 days of registration
(Deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE)
Remaining balance to be paid within 45 days of registration. We offer payment plans upon request.
Tuition Fee Includes:
ALL ACCOMMODATION BASED ON YOUR CHOSEN PACKAGE, FULL 3,5 WEEK OF TUITION. 3 MEALS A DAY, DAILY AFTERNOON TEA, EXCURSIONS, HEALING SESSIONS AND MANUAL
IN CASE YOU WANT TO JOIN FOR ONLY A WEEK OR TWO AND NOT GET CERTIFIED: Cost for joining one week: 900 USD, Two weeks, 1500 USD, no accommodation or meals included
All course fees must be paid before starting the course.
Before you register, please make sure to read our terms, conditions and refund policy HERE
Course fees are non-refundable and non-transferable after registration. When paying the course fees, you legally commit to paying the remainder of the fees.
Beautiful 24 sqm superior rooms, available with double or twin beds; each with shower, self-controlled air conditioner, mini bar, sumptuous amenities, bathrobe, hairdryer, tea & coffee making facilities, safety box, IDD telephone, and wireless internet connection.
Shared: 4,850 USD
Single: 5,350 USD
Spacious 36 sqm ornately designed deluxe rooms, each with private balcony overlook to beautiful landscape and rice field; each with double bed, mosquito net, shower & bathtub, self-controlled air conditioner, mini bar, sumptuous amenities, bathrobe, hairdryer, tea & coffee making facilities, safety box, IDD telephone, and wireless internet connection.
Shared: 5,100 USD
Single: 5,600 USD
Our Training is hosted in the cultural heart of Bali, Ubud.
You can fill in an intake for to apply for this upcoming Yoga Teacher Training Course:
Pay your deposit to hold your space here: