Terms of Service & Disclaimer
The Term “Therapeutics” is used to indicate that our organization uses the ancient practices of Yoga in order to improve posture, align the spine, create more body awareness, breath awareness, concentration and increase Self knowledge. By no means does this mean that we are able to diagnose, treat or cure any advanced state diseases or emotional disorders. Yoga and meditation have been proven to improve life quality when practiced regularly, and we purely transmit the ancient teachings of Yoga practice as passed on to us by the Yoga Masters of their time.
Disclaimer for Kaya Yoga Teacher Trainings
The yoga therapeutics components of our course(s) are based on * Using the traditional Yoga practices as transmitted by the masters for physical, emotional and spiritual well-being * Traditional Chinese Medicine studies * Postural Alignment * Anatomy of Breath and study of breathing patterns * Anatomy of the Spine and study of basic spinal problems * In depth anatomy studies * 1-to-1 training and learning the key aspects of being a private Yoga instructor * Yoga Philosophy and the Yogic approach to illness * The Study of Chakra’s and Energy Bodies, not derived from our status as an RYS® with Yoga Alliance Registry.
Student Information & Terms
Kaya Yoga will not be held responsible for any injury or damage- physical or otherwise to people or property- resulting from attending and doing the course.
If at any time or event, the student feels discomfort or pain, he or she should gently come out of the posture and take a rest.
Yoga is not about achieving different postures, but rather about connecting mind and body. Kaya Yoga’s teaching is about listening to your body and respecting and accepting it at all times- abilities as well as limitations. Please talk to the teacher if you feel discomfort.
The student should understand and accept that Kaya Yoga is not a substitute for medical attention, evaluation, diagnosis, or treatment.
It is the student’s duty to seek prior medical advice and medical approval in case of any particular injuries or health problems before attending the course, as well as informing the teacher about any medical condition before the start of any class.
In addition, it is also the student’s responsibility to not push his or her body to the extent of pain, strain, or injury.
All modules are required to be attended to obtain enough hours for certification.
If one should miss a day or modules because of pre-planned activities, he/she is responsible in communicating this early at the beginning of the year. He/she must provide the dates of the modules that will be missed and these hours will be covered free of cost in another teacher training program.
However, should one fail to inform or communicate these early at the beginning of the year, Modules will be charged at a 500AED per day or 1500AED per weekend. If this is not a possibility, the Modules can be covered privately at a 600AED per hour rate.
Certification Policy for Teacher Trainings
Kaya Yoga FZ LLC retains the right to deny certification. If the level of knowledge or performance is not in accordance with the Yoga Alliance Standards, the student will not be awarded with a certificate. This includes delivering homework on time, attending all hours required, being on time and following the rules of the Teacher Training as indicated at the start of every course.
Classes: Paid in advance via Bank Transfer or Paypal, on a monthly basis or per 10-class package.
Consultations: Paid upon start of the consultation
Programs: Paid in advance in full upon agreement of the program
Retreats and workshops:
Upon registration, to guarantee your place, you are required to make a deposit of 50% of the total value within 5 days after making your reservation. The remaining balance is due 45 days (for international trainings) or 30 days (for United Arab Emirates Trainings) before the start of the retreat. If your booking is made within the 30 days before the start of the retreat, the total balance is due within 5 days after making your reservation.
Teacher Training Programs
Kaya Yoga has a NO REFUND policy. Tuition for a teacher training or live program is paid in exchange for enrollment in that program. We limit attendance and use tuition to cover the costs of program delivery and to plan and prepare for our students who have committed to coming. If you pay a deposit to hold your space, you are agreeing that you will pay the remainder of your tuition in accordance with the payment plan you register for regardless of whether you attend the program, as that deposit is paid in exchange for “holding your space” and may serve to deny another student the chance to participate. Accordingly, all tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. This policy is effective immediately upon registration. Out of fairness to all of our students, we do not make exceptions to our no-refund policy, and we must remain consistent.
Should you encounter an emergency or have an unexpected scheduling change and there is space in a class that better fits your schedule, we will attempt to transfer you into a different program. Although we are not obligated to provide credit, in some extenuating instances, we may offer you a credit to be used in connection with another like program of our choice. If we do offer you a credit we ask that you use it within one year of its issuance.
You are obliged to pay the rest of the course tuition. With signing up you have agreed to paying the full course fee.
Class packages, which are booked in advance, are NON-refundable.
Individual appointments are scheduled in advance. Classes and consultations, which are cancelled within 24 hours of the appointment, will always be charged in full, regardless of the reason. In any other case, we always make an effort to accommodate your requests to reschedule.
Missed appointments are always charged in full, regardless of the reason.
Classes paid in advance have a validity for 3 months from the date of purchase.
In case of any unforeseen serious health issues of student and/or teacher, the classes will be refunded on a pro-rata basis.
Retreats and workshops
Upon registration, to guarantee your place, you are required to make a deposit of 50% of the total value within 5 days after making your reservation. The remaining balance is due 30 days before the start of the retreat. If your booking is made within the 30 days before the start of the retreat, the total balance is due within 3 days after making your reservation.
In case you choose to cancel your participation in a retreat or workshop, the following refund policy applies to the balance of the fee:
Cancellation within 91 days or more refund, 40% of total value refundable
Cancellation within 90 days – 61 days refund, 30% of total value refundable
Cancellation within 60 days – 31 days, 15% of total value refundable
30 days and less, total value non-refundable
In case of the retreat being cancelled due to unforeseen reasons or not enough sign-ups, you will be informed at least two weeks in advance. Full refunds are always given in this case. However, Kaya Yoga is not responsible for refunding flights booked, this the clients own responsibility.
Please understand that these policies have been put into affect to help with scheduling. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Kaya Yoga Instagram competition – terms and conditions.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- This competition is open to Instagram account holders aged 18 years or over. Employees of Kaya Yoga, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties, in any way involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- This competition will commence at 12:00 GMT on 2 August 2018 and all entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on July 31st, 2019. Kaya Yoga accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Kaya Yoga by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
- Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish but no entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter, entrants must:
- Like the Kaya Yoga Instagram Competition post
- Follow @kaya_yoga_therapy on Instagram
- Tag 3 friends in the Kaya Yoga Instagram Competition post comments
- Repost the Kaya Yoga Instagram Competition post on their Instagram account, and explain in the caption why they dream of doing a Yoga Teacher Training in Bali with Kaya Yoga. Entrants must tag #kayayogabali in their caption in order for the entry to be received. The participant’s account must be public for Kaya Yoga to receive the post.
- All correctly completed entries will be reviewed by the Kaya Yoga team and the winner will be selected among shortlisted entries by Kaya. The decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize for the winner is one USD 2,500 voucher redeemable for Kaya Yoga’s 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training, August 31st to September 24th, 2019 in Bali, Indonesia.
- The winner is solely responsible for booking their own travel and obtaining the necessary entry visa to Indonesia. If for any reason the winner cannot travel to Bali, Indonesia for the training dates, the prize will be forfeited.
- The prize is non-transferrable, and no cash alternative will be offered.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, where the Kaya Yoga training would have to be cancelled or postponed, the Kaya Yoga reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event that the winner had already registered and paid for the Kaya Yoga 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training in August-September 2019, Kaya Yoga will refund the equivalent tuition value to the winner.
- The winner will be notified via direct message or post by 15 August 2018. The winner must claim their prize within 10 days of sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, Kaya Yoga reserves the right to cancel the unclaimed prize.
- By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and, to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials, that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep Kaya Yoga harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to Kaya Yoga a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials.
- Each entrant also confirms that anyone depicted or named in an entry has given their permission for the inclusion of their image in the entry and the use of the entry including their image by the entrant and the Promoter.
- To obtain details of the winner please email [email protected]ayogalifestyle.com stating the name of the competition in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- Kaya Yoga will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by Kaya Yoga for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this Promotion is submitted to Kaya Yoga and not Instagram and you agree that Instagram shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this Promotion.
- The winner agrees to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.